Feature Requests

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Vonschmidt
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Feature Requests

Post by Vonschmidt »

This is an amazing program and worth far more than you are charging for it. I Ran the program this past weekend and love it. This could be one of the single best formal training tools as well as personal trackers I have seen at a fraction of the cost. YO have made powerful data collection affordable to weekend drivers, thank you.

A few requests

Setting to allow recording of a set number of laps at a time i.e. 1-5

When the lap timer is used with the video feed of the IPHONE an icon in the lap list that indicates that this lap has already been overlayed when completed to prevent duplication of videos by accident.

On the image stored in the phone your Logo laid over the first frame so that these overlayed laps can be distinguished from the ones which are simply recorded by the camera memory without your data. This will make editing out non used videos easier.

Removal of the start button.

Landscape View orientation.

Back to the racers screen after video recording has started with a recording icon steady lit so we still have use of the features.

A way to log into a track specific day session where all data at that track from users who agree is then recorded by driver and placed up side by side for comparison. This would be invaluable for training as it allows the instructors or the students to see their lap times, corner speeds and the full data set described below against other participants who agree to share this data. The upside of this would be driving schools would recommend your software to students to gain this information i.e. more sales.

A screen which can be sent out as an email that takes all the days’ laps and the original reference lap and prints them out as follows
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Ref
Lap time
Split times
Max Speed
Av speed
Speed at
Turn 1
Straight
Turn 2
Straight

Etc based on track

On the acceleration map the exact point deceleration begins and ends with a cross track hash.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Harry »

Vonschmidt wrote: Setting to allow recording of a set number of laps at a time i.e. 1-5
I have some requests on this kind of 'race grouping'. Not scheduled yet.
Vonschmidt wrote: When the lap timer is used with the video feed of the IPHONE an icon in the lap list that indicates that this lap has already been overlayed when completed to prevent duplication of videos by accident.
Good point, I will add this to the video feature set in v15.
Vonschmidt wrote: On the image stored in the phone your Logo laid over the first frame so that these overlayed laps can be distinguished from the ones which are simply recorded by the camera memory without your data. This will make editing out non used videos easier.
Future overlays will have intros / trailers and can be recognized much easier.
Vonschmidt wrote: Removal of the start button.
Done in 14.4 already - will generate a lot of questions from users pressing it despite automatic starting capabilities ;-)
Vonschmidt wrote: Landscape View orientation.
I know, but this will take more time.
Vonschmidt wrote: Back to the racers screen after video recording has started with a recording icon steady lit so we still have use of the features.
Common request to have a landscape view with video recording in background.
Vonschmidt wrote: A way to log into a track specific day session where all data at that track from users who agree is then recorded by driver and placed up side by side for comparison. This would be invaluable for training as it allows the instructors or the students to see their lap times, corner speeds and the full data set described below against other participants who agree to share this data. The upside of this would be driving schools would recommend your software to students to gain this information i.e. more sales.
Please check LapTimer's home page for the Online features. Not exactly the model described, but probably nearby.
Vonschmidt wrote: A screen which can be sent out as an email that takes all the days’ laps and the original reference lap and prints them out as follows ...
Etc based on track
I need to leave such things to external programs.
Vonschmidt wrote: On the acceleration map the exact point deceleration begins and ends with a cross track hash.
That's a tricky one as the acceleration / braking points are difficult to interpolate.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Vonschmidt
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Vonschmidt »

Thanks for the answers and for reading our input. This is a refreshing change in today's world. Keep up the good work.
Vonschmidt
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Vonschmidt »

I also spoke with two different companies that have extensive obd ii experience as it relates to Porsche and neither were aware of the codes that may be available for braking so this may not be possible. once again thanks.