Online timing filtering

Request and discussion on new / to change features
dydy77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Online timing filtering

Post by dydy77 »

Hi Harry

Past week end, i was at SPA Francorchamps for a Track Days.
Lot of driver was using HLT because magnetic track sensor was disabled for rookies track day.

Today i try to look laptiming table for SPA to analyse my time VS other drivers, but i thinks you could add more filter at the laptiming table.
This table contain many lap for the 18 april for exemple, and it is not possible to show all lap of the day. (number of line ? SQL ?)

It should be perfect to filter by DAY, by Driver, organise laptiming by fastest if we want.

Why you have choice to use 3letters for the Driver Name ? You can't extend this to have a complet driver name by fixing maximum number of caracter to 8/10 ? It should be more fun i think :p

Thanks U
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Online timing filtering

Post by Harry »

The 3 digits are for privacy reasons. I'd need to add a new field for full names (for those willing to provide it). Hall of Fame filtering is very limited so far. You can select the order and filter laps with a wrong distance or missing driver name. But there is an option to enlarge the result set so you get a longer list. Please check LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Online Racing ‣ Hall of Fame Limit. There is a hard limit on top of this setting. It is there to not kill performance due to too large sets of data to transfer. There are many tracks with thousands of laps...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dydy77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dydy77 »

Thanks U

It is OK for my Hall of frame limit ;)

So i deduce, you have not planned to add other filter for the hall of frame ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, you have just raised the feature request. So we are at the beginning of the process and far ahead of any decision. :-) The current list of requests is more than 300 items longs. In case many users request the filter, I raise priority. All feature requests posted here go into my list. Thanks for your understanding.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dydy77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dydy77 »

No problems Harry, i understand.

You do a good (big) JOB for V20, i thinks some "bugs" will coming, that will create a lot of work for you, priority to "debug" before other modifications ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, true. Major releases always mean 2 weeks heads down bug fixing. :-(
Image Image Image Image