iMFD mapping support

Request and discussion on new / to change features
njsho35
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

iMFD mapping support

Post by njsho35 »

After searching the forum I see that this was requested awhile ago but I would like to bring it up again. I started using a Kiwi2 Wifi with the optional iMFD adapter to read a PLX fluid temp sensor. I've been using DashCommand to view and log data. In DashCommand the PID for the iMFD Fluid temp sensor is listed as AUX.PLX.FLUID_TEMP_0 (as it is the first sensor in the chain, or only sensor in my case.) In the DashCommand app I can create a gauge and link it to that PID and name it "Oil Temp" which is easy enough. However since I'm using an iPhone and Wifi, I have to choose to use either HLT or DashCommand since I can't use both simultaneously. My preference would be to use HLT since I can see Coolant Temp and Oil Temp AND timing data all while still recording video. As it stands it doesn't appear that the PLX device maps the "AUX.PLX.FLUID_TEMP_0" to a standard PID and in any event, there is no oil temp PID support for my car anyway. Would it be possible to add support to map this AUX sensor to the oil temp display in HLT? I would be willing to try and track down any info needed for support, if a list of what would be needed could be provided. Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iMFD mapping support

Post by Harry »

I plan to add Custom OBD PIDs soon and will contact PLX on how to request iMFD values.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
njsho35
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: iMFD mapping support

Post by njsho35 »

Thank you, it is greatly appreciated!