Lookup Car Websites

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Elurztac
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Lookup Car Websites

Post by Elurztac »

Hello Harry

I don't know if it was already talked but i really like the Lookup Car option, but it's only for American Car and some car (like diesel, chhh, don't juge me, i want to make some test with my daily for your app :lol: ) are not available and don't always have theses kind of information...

Personnaly in france i used the website zeperf.com who has a lot of great database and sheets from all car (EU/Japan/US), the database seem to be huge compared to edmunds.com so, maybe you can add theses database to your app ?

That's just my two cents, indeed, but maybe you never view this website before and already search something like that :mrgreen:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lookup Car Websites

Post by Harry »

All web sites I have researched are incomplete in countries covered (Edmunds) or data provided (all). I contacted some paid providers too, but they where expensive and always incomplete. LapTimer requires quite detailed information which is mostly beyond the scope of repository providers. This is the reason we will start collecting vehicle data starting with v20. Once we have a relevant basis, this data will be automatically filled in for other LapTimer users.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Here's a site from Germany with pretty detailed data for a lot of cars and they seem to resell their database:

http://www.alle-autos-in.de/stc/syndication.shtml
jarobs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jarobs »

I just had a similar thought but with a different twist. Why can't users that have implemented a car have the option of uploading it to Harrys server? When another user enters a car name and model year and a match is available on the server he is offered to use those settings.

What do you think about this?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

jarobs wrote:I just had a similar thought but with a different twist. Why can't users that have implemented a car have the option of uploading it to Harrys server? When another user enters a car name and model year and a match is available on the server he is offered to use those settings.

What do you think about this?
Just wait for the upcoming v20 release ;-)