Real-Time Speed Analysis View

Request and discussion on new / to change features
BryanPendleton
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Real-Time Speed Analysis View

Post by BryanPendleton »

Harald,
I would like to request and even help fund an optional view.

It seems your application already has the data, not exactly sure on how your values are dertermined, but would like the following data points in a large digital format. Horizontal is prefered but verticle is fine.

Max Straight Speed – This would display a digital number of the maximum speed of a straight away or max speed between two corners. The display would reset/update once the next maximum straight speed is determined. With max straight speed being defined as max speed beteen a case of accerlation and a case of deceleration.
Real Time Speed – Simply a real time digital number of speed
Min Corner Speed – This would display a digital number of the minimum speed in a given corner. The display would reset/update once the next minimum corner speed is determined. With min corner speed being defined as min speed between a case of deceleration and the start of a case of acceleration.

Basically these numbers would give the driver that real time feedback on how they performed in a given corner or set of corners. Simply numbers that allow a driver to experiment and determine how their inputs effect the cars speeds. I am willing to help fund or pay for this view.

Please let me know.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Real-Time Speed Analysis View

Post by Harry »

Please check Speedo View. It displays the current speed (in large) and memorizes last straight / corner speeds. An outdated snapshot is available here: https://www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer ... =3&theater (the red number shown is the last min speed) - once a straight local maxima is achieved, the red mark will go away and a green max speed will be shown.

I assume you would like to have it larger, but that's the best option available currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
BryanPendleton
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BryanPendleton »

I appreciate the prompt response. I suspected those where the values I was looking for, but they are sooo small. I have never used that view before, but my first thought is analog gauges look cool, but in this application that is a lot of space that is not being used effectively. I think the actual numbers themselves in a large format would be far more valuable.

Thank you for listening.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Agreed, ergonomic does not mean aesthetic and vice versa. Just wanted to raise this view as the "best option available". Try it with an iPad and it will be huge :-D
Image Image Image Image