Supporting more cameras

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Henry_Au
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Supporting more cameras

Post by Henry_Au »

Hi guys,

What is the reason only Go Pro and Sony supported? I was pissed off today when I could not connect my Kaiser Baas x100 :(

http://kaiserbaas.com/products/action-c ... on-camera/

Cheers,
Henry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Supporting more cameras

Post by Harry »

Please do not ignore the investments required for each cam:

Cam programming interfaces are not available mostly for 3rd parties and are always proprietary. This means each cam type requires a custom integration. LapTimer is prepared to register additional cam types and add this integration, but it is still around 8 days of work (i.e. 8 person days investment) to add a new one. So either I get a big list of votes / upvotes for a specific cam type from LapTimer users, or someone donates the money ;-) And again, the cam needs a public interface description / support by the manufacturer.

You can use an arbitrary action cam with LapTimer Petrolhead: start the cam before entering the track and stop it manually when returning. Once back home, add the video to laps recorded and overlay them. Please check Video Documentation on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation for the details.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Henry_Au
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Henry_Au »

OK!! point's taken... if there is a way then it is OK.. :) I am finding really hard to understand how to work these out.. :(
jarobs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jarobs »

Dear HLT Team,
Did I understand correctly? I can use any Camera I want for the overlay with some feature that allows me to time the overlay manually?
Warm regards
Jarob
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Supporting more cameras

Post by Harry »

Data recording will be done automatically, the cam is automatically triggered (compatible cams, LapTimer GP), or by operating it manually. As long as the cam produces iOS/Android readable formats, LapTimet can be used to overlays data recorded to your footage.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
jarobs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jarobs »

Thank you, that is great news. But it also makes the need for a desktop HLT tool for data overlay even bigger ;)