Exporting Multiple Days Data

Request and discussion on new / to change features
cannon1000
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Exporting Multiple Days Data

Post by cannon1000 »

I just finished a DE this weekend and I must say the data collection is amazing.

I want to export the data so I can overlay w/Dashware...but when I try to export - it only allows me to export one DAY (the 2nd day) even though both days are in there.

Right now it looks like I have to export one lap at a time from Day 1 and create one large file per session.

Is there a way to create groups of laps? (Either current or future version) per track?
For Example
OCT 22 SESSION 1
LAP 1
LAP 2
OCT 22 SESSION 2
LAP 1
LAP 2

And allow export by "session".

Thanks - and great product

Chris
HLTP, Tom Tom Car Kit, GoPro
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting Multiple Days Data

Post by Harry »

Currently you can export everything, the last track day, or a specific lap. More is as a feature request on my list but not yet scheduled. Till then it is probably easiest to run a full export and remove the laps you do not want - using a text editor?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cannon1000
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cannon1000 »

Any way to combine exported single laps into one session for Dashware? I cut & pasted into one excel file (minus header and title) and the file no longer worked.
(Should we use a text editor and not Excel)?

The other problem is when I deleted all the other laps except the ones in the session from the App - then exported as a whole day - Dashware sees all the data just fine...but it shows all 18 laps as "one lap". But when I exported the ENTIRE day (not deleting any laps) it sees all 51 laps from that day.

I am not sure how it sees a lap in the data file.

I can't seem to find a happy middle here. Either one lap - or all day. When I edit the file in any way...it no longer "plays".
orthojoe
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by orthojoe »

I have the same problem. Is there a solution to this problem? It seems any altering of the file through cut/paste will not allow the dashware/trackvision to recognize the data anymore