Batch Process 38 laps into to 38 separate overylay videos

Request and discussion on new / to change features
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Batch Process 38 laps into to 38 separate overylay videos

Post by swbca3691 »

I came home this weekend with 38 laps and want to process into 38 overlay videos. I have been doing it manually one at a time which takes a few days to do in my spare time. Can this be done as a batch ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Batch Process 38 laps into to 38 separate overylay video

Post by Harry »

You can overlay videos by session. Select one lap and extend the range to what is covered by the video. It requires the same time to process, but you do not need to repeat the manual steps all the time.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by swbca3691 »

Does that create a single video of the session, or does it create an overlayed video of each lap ? I don't have any laps to test right now.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It generates one video covering a session's laps.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by swbca3691 »

The subject of this thread is to batch process a large number of laps into separate overlay videos (not a single session video)

Your LapTimer applications are already extremely rich in features. If you think batch processing a quantity of separate overlay videos is a good feature, please add it to the list. I could have the videos from last weekend done overnight rather than over several days of manually starting each of 38 overlays.

Thank You
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Have you thought about using a video editor instead? It shouldn't take very long to cut a single video of 38 laps into 38 separate videos.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

swbca3691 wrote:The subject of this thread is to batch process a large number of laps into separate overlay videos (not a single session video)

Your LapTimer applications are already extremely rich in features. If you think batch processing a quantity of separate overlay videos is a good feature, please add it to the list. I could have the videos from last weekend done overnight rather than over several days of manually starting each of 38 overlays.

Thank You
Yes, I understand questions usually ;-) Just thought you have missed that option as an alternative. This is the first time I hear a request for individual lap overlays in batch. I got tons for the session overlay years ago. Feature requests work best when many people vote for it (and when it fits into LapTimer's principle product design).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image