Enhancements to lap analysis charts

Request and discussion on new / to change features
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Enhancements to lap analysis charts

Post by MatthewS »

I love LapTimer and find it very useful. The following are just observations I've had over the course of using it to analyze my data.

1) Often when reviewing a lap that has video, the video display blocks the "car triangle" showing my position on the track map. It would be great to be able to turn off the video, because it often doesn't help me much anyway.

2) When reviewing a lap against a reference lap, if one of the laps had a spin, the time delta scales so large that the time delta before the spin becomes essentially useless since the scale doesn't auto-adjust. 2 ways that I can think of to solve this. 1) Have time-delta scale dynamically to whatever difference is displayed on the current screen. (e.g. if 5 seconds delta overall, but zoomed in to a portion of the lap where only 1 second was lost, adjust the scale to be between the starting and ending time delta values) And/or 2) Have the orange cursor include the actual time-delta value.

3) Have the ability to customize the data displayed by the orange cursor. Some of the values I don't care about. Additionally, it would be nice to have speed values for BOTH laps (when comparing a lap to a reference lap).

Thanks,
Matt
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Enhancements to lap analysis charts

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, valid points.

For 1) I plan to make the map background a moveable window the user can drag to any corner. It is hard to read now that more and more information is displayed. For 2) it will most probably by 2) :-) Dynamic scaling will be pretty confusing and would introduce a new concept users don't feel familiar compared to other apps. 3) Noted.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MatthewS »

Nice! Thanks for the response Harry!
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MatthewS »

Just want to re-iterate my request to have dynamic scaling of time difference OR have the value displayed along with the other values with the cursor.

See the attached image. I would like to know how much I was ahead on the lap before I spun. The only way I can do this currently is to manually edit both laps and delete the data points from after the spin, then reimport them.

Matt
Attachments
image.png
image.png (216.01 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I'll second the request to add the time difference from the reference lap to the cursor data.
Neoraptor
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Neoraptor »

Yes, this would greatly help analysing the difference between 2 laps (+customisation of data from orange cursor as said before)