non obdII data logging

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Bryant
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

non obdII data logging

Post by Bryant »

Great product!
i would like to be able to incorporate my engine data like the obd II interfaces do. my car is carbureted but may switch to efi later. i have the innovate data loggers ( http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/ssi_4.php ) they work well with a computer. is there any way to to get this type of datalogging to work with lap timer?
1971 Ford Maverick. Running in SCCA SOLO CAM-T in the San Diego and LA regions.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

non obdII data logging

Post by Harry »

The only out of the box solution to retrieve engine data for non OBD cars is Autosport Lab's RaceCapturePro / MK2. Adding a BT adapter allows it to connect it to LapTimer GP In Android. For iOS, a WiFi option is missing, please contact ASL and ask them for support in case you use an iPhone.

The ASL RCP is a great solution by the way, and very flexible. Especially in case you have done some wiring for the innovate box, it should be easy to switch.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
jexeffectz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: non obdII data logging

Post by jexeffectz »

Hi Harry,

I have a 1992 Mazda Miata with OBDI. I've already purchased a Megasquirt Standalone ECU for tuning purposes. But I was wondering if there was a way to link the data to the laptimer using this: http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php/cablesandbluetooth

I imagine, it might be easier for the connection to be better with android since the adapter is android ready, however, would it be possible to do the same with apple?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: non obdII data logging

Post by Harry »

Android will be able to make a connection using such a bridge, iOS not as it requires BT clients using the SPP service to be certified. On top of this, a MS protocol implementation is missing in LapTimer so far, so no luck for both platforms currently...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image