karting tracks and exporting the +/- difference time

Request and discussion on new / to change features
jedi-knight83
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

karting tracks and exporting the +/- difference time

Post by jedi-knight83 »

Hi there. Im new and I've not actually downloaded the app YET as I just wanted to check a few things.

Firstly I want to use this for go karting but from what I can see on your list not many of the tracks are on there.

Whats the best way for me to add these on my own phone and once added would it be possible to upload them at all so others in my karting group can then download the app and use it? I also saw someone saying about using google maps. If i sent you the links would it be better for you to add them that way?

Other question is about the live +/- time difference. From what I can see it shows you live on the phone if your + or - compared to your best lap but from all the videos I've watched on youtube where people have exported that data and overlayed it on a video, that time difference isn't displayed.

For me looking back and seeing where exactly on the track i'm gaining or losing time would be a big help.

This is a basic version but from 1:54 in this video you can see what i mean. The bottom of the 3 numbers is DIFF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t77Ia7ysp9g

Many thanks in advance.

Nathan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: karting tracks and exporting the +/- difference time

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please use the New Track assistant to set up your own track. I added a few comments in your other post already. Please submit the track set once it is created using "Certify" in Lap List ‣ your track ‣ User Track Set. Please add additional information as far as possible so we can create a full set for you.

Predictive lap timing is shown in real time, but not in the video. The better way to understand where you lose and win time is LapTimer's Data Recording area. Here, you get an aggregated amount of time won / lost in relation to the track position (blue graph shown in Charts). To get to this chart follow Lap List ‣ any lap ‣ Data Recordings / Preview ‣ Chart. Select the slower lap from the Nordschleifen samples in LapTimer database so see how it works.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jedi-knight83
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jedi-knight83 »

Thanks.

So from what I've said which version of the app do you think I should start with?

Also. is there any way for me to set up the new track while I'm at home or does it have to be done on site really?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Petrolhead is your initial edition.

You can define tracks offline too. Please visit www.gps-laptimer.de and follow Documentation. The Tracks item includes a tutorial using the Maps View.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image