comparing split to split times from the best split times

Request and discussion on new / to change features
ralt racer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

comparing split to split times from the best split times

Post by ralt racer »

Hi I have just downloaded laptimer and it looks great, I also have a Qstarz LT-Q6000 which I use on a single seat race car. I have looked over the laptimer documents and think its not currently possible, but would it be possible on future releases to have the split time changed to compare to the best split of any lap rather than the best split of the best lap of the day / session? Also I haven't found an easy way to change the split points on the map rather than in real time, this is the biggest problem with the Qstarz unit as I don't test too often I don't have time to set up the splits plus doing this is a real pain whilst driving round. Is there an easy way I've missed?

Cheers
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: comparing split to split times from the best split times

Post by Harry »

Hi,

A comparison to best split is not available currently, to train against a certain sector, you need to manually the lap as reference lap which includes this best sector. To do this, identify the lap in the Laps Chart, tap it, select Details, and press the Reference button in the bottom of Lap Details. This will select this lap as the reference to compare to (instead best or last).

To move a split position, open Map and navigate to an existing split position. Drag the marker as required. Not an option while driving - like any operation.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
ralt racer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ralt racer »

Thanks Harry I'll live with the best lap situation for now, do you plan on adding this in a later release as I would really like it? I've sorted the split add that great thanks for the help really looking forward to testing this out.

Cheers.
ralt racer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ralt racer »

One other thing do you plan on adding support for other cameras? I have a sj6000 with wifi which pairs to my phone and I can control the video with an app? Could this be made to work?

Thanks again
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Adding cam support is quite some effort. I will probably add support for further cams in the future. It will depend on market share and especially whether the cam manufacturer supports me activity in integrating their pubic or private API. I have sent mails to several cam providers in the past but they where mostly not responsive. In case you are aware of a developer program for this cam, please let me know.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Alextouring
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Alextouring »

Hi, I was just doing some driver swapping in my car and we were unable to find how to compare segments? Is this not a function as stated in your response to the original request? I'm using the latest version of Grand Prix on android. I would also like a more clearly defined end of session button if possible.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Alextouring wrote:Hi, I was just doing some driver swapping in my car and we were unable to find how to compare segments? Is this not a function as stated in your response to the original request? I'm using the latest version of Grand Prix on android. I would also like a more clearly defined end of session button if possible.
To compare segments, you need to record segments :-) Most current track sets have defined both start and finish, and 2 to 4 split triggers. But not all tracks have this... In case you use a track with split triggers, just select LapTimer ‣ Analysis and you will see a lap to lap comparison in the top. Touch the chart and you will get a more detailed view including sector times.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image