Stop inlap without aborting

Request and discussion on new / to change features
marcel77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Stop inlap without aborting

Post by marcel77 »

Is it possible, to stop recording without aborting or crossing a POI?

For example Nürburgring GP. A turn ends short before end of the round. So the first corners are interesting for compare, I think. But I lost if aborting.

Cheers Marcel
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stop inlap without aborting

Post by Harry »

LapTimer is designed to record complete laps only. I have a feature request on my list to allow early stops for crashes etc, but the resulting lap fragments will go to a special section instead of a regular track.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rrankins
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rrankins »

Does Laptimer delete the corresponding video as well if the the lap isn't recorded as completed?
Today I was on my first lap when the session was black flagged and we had to pit.
We never got out for the rest of the session so I hit cancel to stop recording the lap.
I understand there's not much point in keeping incomplete lap data, but I would have liked to have kept the video as there was some activity during the lap that I wanted to review later, but it seems the video as well as the lap data were deleted when I hit cancel.
I'd like to second this feature request to provide and option to save the video and/or lap data for a incompletely recorded lap/session.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The video should actually not be deleted, instead it should get stopped when cancel is pressed. Are you sure video has been set up correctly?
Image Image Image Image
rrankins
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rrankins »

That's what I thought and was surprised that I couldn't find the video.
It's possible I forgot to hit video on the timer screen to start the background video recording.
Is there any way to make it a default option to automatically start background video recording without having to hit the video button first?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need to turn it on manually. I decided for this to work around tons of situations were user run out of memory. The next feature release of LapTimer will have video activation reworked (external cam only etc), maybe I find a good solution to allow this option too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image