OSX or Windows app for overlays

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OSX or Windows app for overlays

Post by Harry »

Great quality your video! The Mac port will take some more time, I needed switch priorities again... But some day ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
katmeho
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by katmeho »

+1 on the Mac port, being able to really get down in the pits with the data will be great. Racelogic guys are saying they will have a Mac version of Circuit Tools out this summer. I love the advantage of having Harrys tool ecosystem take care of everything. Heartrate via Healthkit...layered into my braking data=dope.
mmason3122
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mmason3122 »

Harry's I would love to see a desktop app to support data overlays.

I am using RaceRender on my PC but when it is done, not as pretty (only word I can think of) as what comes form the integrated video with in the iPhone.

The reason for the RaceRender is that I am now using a GoPro and love the high def video capability.

I am great fan of your app and always talking about it while at the track. I have being using the XGPS160 and the data i am able to extract is great, I am starting to use the information to help me with my driving.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

OSX or Windows app for overlays

Post by Harry »

Just to make sure your aware: you can overlay footage recorded externally using LapTimer. Resolutions are optimized for HD and FullHD, so HiRes overlays of GoPro videos is well possible using LapTimer. 4k (in case you really use it) will not work currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Daniel
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Daniel »

Hi Harry

Apologies for this if it's answered elsewhere.

I'm on an iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3. I have OSX and Windows 7 laptops available. Is it possible for me to use my GoPro footage with HLT overlayed data? I agree with mmason3122, there's nothing better than your own overlays.

Thanks

Dan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can transfer your GoPro footage to your 5S and overlay it here. Instructions on how to transfer footage to your device (using iTunes) are given in http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf Check the final section on using externally recorded footage to understand how you can add it to laps recorded.

For PC overlay you can use DashWare. It is free now and compatible with LapTimer's CSV export. It does not give you all the features LapTimer's own overlays have, but you may try it nevertheless.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Daniel
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Daniel »

Thanks Harry

It's this bit that's a bit unclear for me

2. Synchronize the video to the Photo app on your iPhone (using iTunes, depends on platform)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please search for "And here is the step by step on how to transfer the GoPro video to your iPhone device:" in the linked document and follow steps 1 to 3. iTunes allows you to keep a desktop photo app or a particular directory with photos and video stored in sync with photos and videos on your iPhone. You need to set this synchronization up in general and can add your GoPro video to the desktop application or the directory afterwards. Once you sync (from iTunes), the video will get copied to the iPhone and you can access it from within LapTimer.

LapTimer v19 GrandPrix will allow to automate this process for the HERO4. Other HEROs and Sony cams will follow later.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Daniel
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Daniel »

A bit long winded but i've dumped the video into my icloud photos app so it's got to my phone via an icloud up and down load :)
Daniel
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Daniel »

Harry wrote:Please search for "And here is the step by step on how to transfer the GoPro video to your iPhone device:" in the linked document and follow steps 1 to 3. iTunes allows you to keep a desktop photo app or a particular directory with photos and video stored in sync with photos and videos on your iPhone. You need to set this synchronization up in general and can add your GoPro video to the desktop application or the directory afterwards. Once you sync (from iTunes), the video will get copied to the iPhone and you can access it from within LapTimer.

LapTimer v19 GrandPrix will allow to automate this process for the HERO4. Other HEROs and Sony cams will follow later.

- Harry
Ah, you posted this as I was replying.

I'll check out your guide and report back.

Thanks again

Dan