Timer View Redesign

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Timer View Redesign

Post by Harry »

[THIS THEAD IS CLOSED AS THE INITIAL IMPLEMENTATION IS AVAILABLE NOW: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2459]

Dear friend of Harry's LapTimer,

Please find attached an early redesign of LapTimer's Timer View planned for v18.5. The new design is based on several feature requests including the long thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=513

Besides the landscape view shown, a portrait version will be available for both iOS and Android. Please note the Android version will come using the "Dark Skin" while the iOS version features Bright, Dark and Day/Night skins.

The sketches attached are user interface designs only. So any feedback from your side can still be added. So it is time to raise your hand now, not in 3 weeks when things are done ;-)

Please open the .pdf version attached to see the details.

- Harry
TimerViewDesign.pdf
(577.52 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Attachments
TimerViewDesign.png
TimerViewDesign.png (129.02 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
Image Image Image Image
Qomomoko
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Timer View Redesign

Post by Qomomoko »

the size and having the GAP be the central point is great!!

Hope to provide some valuable feed back soon.
francesco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by francesco »

Wauw the gap indicator will be a great feature I will use allot! Will it update with the frequency of the GPS unit?

Hopefully the green bar will turn red if time is lost so it becomes instantly clear when you have a back exit out of the corner...
Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

francesco wrote:Wauw the gap indicator will be a great feature I will use allot! Will it update with the frequency of the GPS unit?

Hopefully the green bar will turn red if time is lost so it becomes instantly clear when you have a back exit out of the corner...
Yes, as described, the bar to left / right shows time lost / won and the color is derived from whether you are currently losing or winning. Update is typically 5 times per second - just like it is currently (without bar).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
crazyxzer0
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by crazyxzer0 »

I really like the center point for the current time! Good work Harry!
ambordokan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ambordokan »

Harry, I really liked the design, I'm just not a fan of the green over white, as I find it rather difficult to read, specially while riding, tucking low on the bike.

Would it be possible to make the whole screen blink inverted colors (eg white is black and the opposite) when one lowers the laptime?

Thanks for the effort!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

ambordokan wrote:Harry, I really liked the design, I'm just not a fan of the green over white, as I find it rather difficult to read, specially while riding, tucking low on the bike.

Would it be possible to make the whole screen blink inverted colors (eg white is black and the opposite) when one lowers the laptime?

Thanks for the effort!
Things like this need to be checked using a prototype. It is difficult to understand usability of blinking and large size color effects, or judge it is acceptable. I thought about background coloring the big tim gadget in the middle instead of the bar, but believe it may be too much for many... Thanks anyway, need to check that in a later phase.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Psychomax1983
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Psychomax1983 »

I see the oil temperatur? Are Custome PIDs supported? Because especially the Oil Temp. in my Toyota is custome...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case the oil temperature is delivered for the *standard PID* 01 5C (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs), it is collected, stored, and displayed. Many cars do not support this standard PID, so availability depends. On the other hand, oil temperature is available for *custom codes* for almost *every* car, but these "secret" codes are not supported by LapTimer.

For further discussions on OBD, please open another thread. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

can you record the brake pedal ? be good to see how much brake is being applied etc.

also what happened with virtual best lap? I can't seem to see that anymore