Separate countdown and after-lap final time options

Request and discussion on new / to change features
there_
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Separate countdown and after-lap final time options

Post by there_ »

I'm not really a fan of the countdown option in the video, but it appears to be linked to the functionality of showing the final lap time after the finish line. I'd like to turn the countdown off but keep the final lap time.

Also, it would be nice to be able to cancel a video overlay render process. Hitting the back button on Android doesn't do anything and there's no way to abort without force-stopping the whole app.
HSV Guy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Separate countdown and after-lap final time options

Post by HSV Guy »

Hi Harry, I seemed to recall reading a somewhat recent release notes where I thought you had added this feature, but having a look through the app I can't seem to see any settings that allow this - lap time to be displayed at the end of the lap without having to also have the count down timer.

Also, under the Timing section of the advanced settings, what does 'Display Time' and 'Countdown time' do? I thought the second one at least may be related to the countdown timer when you export a video but even with it set to the min value of 5 it still counted down from 10 so I assume these settings are probably for something on the timing view screen?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The only thing related to lap times and count downs in recent releases is a fix for the Android version were both were missing. But there have been no other changes the last months.

Both the Display Time and Countdown Time settings are related to Timer views only. Display Time is the number of seconds a lap time finished stays on screen before the following lap time is displayed. Countdown Time is the number of seconds LapTimer starts to beep before the Reference lap time is reached.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
HSV Guy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by HSV Guy »

Thanks for the reply Harry. It would be great if this option could be included in future updates.

On a somewhat related note, on my Samsung S8 I can now use hardware encoding to overlay videos from GoPro Hero 4 MP4 files so assuming this was something you fixed on your side (opposed to Google changing something at the Android level) thank you so much, to say the difference is massive is an understatement.