AirDrop to transfer multicam footage?

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

AirDrop to transfer multicam footage?

Post by Dr_Pippin »

Will AirDrop be an option for transferring multicam footage between iPhones in the future? iCloud is too slow and too space-constrained to be a viable option for me. I have figured out (by following HLT documentation here: http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf ) how to transfer the satellite iPhone camera footage to a laptop, and then sync it back to the master iPhone through iTunes, however it's a cumbersome process that requires a laptop at the track - not ideal. Direct Wifi transfer between two iPhones (master and satellite) would be great.

Really looking forward to getting to use HLT on the track for the very first time this weekend! Thanks for producing such a great app!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AirDrop to transfer multicam footage?

Post by Harry »

No plans to support AirDrop in the near future. Instead, I plan to replace any platform specific cloud / transfer approach by a generell wifi based approach. In addition to speed advantages, this allows interoperability across platforms - which is getting more importance now.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dr_Pippin »

Thanks very much continuing to maintain such a great app. I'm sure whatever you ultimately implement will be a great improvement. And while my household is iPhone-only, I'm sure there are many multi-platform households that would prefer not to be limited to AirDrop.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Just consider the situation you want to send some data to a friend using a Droid. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image