Innovate MotorSports OT-2 support

Request and discussion on new / to change features
danno
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Innovate MotorSports OT-2 support

Post by danno »

It would seem to me this would be a much popular and widespread ODB2 connection. at least it is with me! and it provides WIFI.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Innovate MotorSports OT-2 support

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Yes, I'm aware. It uses a completely different API compared to most other OBD sensors. I will check nevertheless, however, would be quite some effort for only one device. All devices featuring the ELM327 or an ELM327 compatibly interface (e.g. OBDKey) work already. I will work on the compatibility list soon.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jeng69
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jeng69 »

I would also like to see support for this device if possible.

Thanks!
zuspiel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by zuspiel »

Same here. I just bought the pro version in hopes to spur on development ;)

Keep up the great work!
justinvb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by justinvb »

+1 for my vote on the Innovate OT-2

I bought the kiwi wifi for my lotus elise, and the combination of harrys lap timer + kiwi wifi would periodically kill my dashboard. The tach & speedometer would just die, and then a few seconds later comes back to life. Very weird. I had to return it.

I think the problem is that the kiwi wifi is just not compatible with the lotus elise, something to do with CANBUS?

There is a modified version of the innovate for lotus owners here: http://www.reallylightstuff.com/?page_id=671
The issue is mentioned here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/inn ... ed-108998/

So I am currently unable to use ODB with Harrys lap timer on a very popular track car... :cry: :cry:
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

It would be interesting to find out what mod the company does before sending it out.
As the main unit is sealed then it is probably something done in the OBD plug, disconnect a pin?
h
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

justinvb wrote:I bought the kiwi wifi for my lotus elise, and the combination of harrys lap timer + kiwi wifi would periodically kill my dashboard. The tach & speedometer would just die, and then a few seconds later comes back to life. Very weird. I had to return it.

I think the problem is that the kiwi wifi is just not compatible with the lotus elise, something to do with CANBUS?
Have you checked with the Kiwi people, that's really an hardware issue they are the best to solve.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
justinvb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by justinvb »

Harry wrote:
justinvb wrote:I bought the kiwi wifi for my lotus elise, and the combination of harrys lap timer + kiwi wifi would periodically kill my dashboard. The tach & speedometer would just die, and then a few seconds later comes back to life. Very weird. I had to return it.

Have you checked with the Kiwi people, that's really an hardware issue they are the best to solve.

- Harry
I will check with the kiwi folks, but Ive also since returned the kiwi.

Note that all the other odb apps that interface with the kiwi do not cause the lotus dash to reset. Only happens with harry's laptimer.
If you want to see a video of it in action, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84P9NAQ_QA .. at the 8s mark watch the dashboard, and the rpm overlay.
justinvb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by justinvb »

I talked with the kiwi wifi people, and they told me how to disable the CANbus: Pins 6 & 14 need to be blocked. taped, broken off etc., then it should fall back to only the ODB protocol. pin diagram is here http://www.plxdevices.com/obd/

I will get another of these units and try it. I also live in the same city as them, so I offered my car for testing if they want to look into it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks Justin, thought about something like that.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image