HPDE training mode

Request and discussion on new / to change features
jgraessley
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

HPDE training mode

Post by jgraessley »

At HPDE events, timing is not allowed. However, knowing whether your laps are better or worse as you try different things is very important to learning what works and what doesn't.

An HPDE mode that could show laps as a percentage instead of an absolute should provide the feedback required for learning about what works and what doesn't without violating the HPDE timing rules. I'd love to see the fastest lap show up as 100%. For a lap that was slower, a value of 90% could be shown. Seeing percentages for each section would be great too. It would be great if I could see that even on my best lap, I was still only at 95% on some section (in another lap, I had handled that section much better). Looking at the variation for each section could help me find areas I need to focus on. If there is a lot of variation in some section (100%, 90%, 95% 80% 98% etc), I'm clearly being very inconsistent. On the other hand, if some section is showing consitency (100%, 98%, 99%, 98%, 97% etc), then that's a section that I probably don't need to mess with.

The ability to see a theoretical best lap time based on the best value from each section might be nice too. My best lap probably wasn't 100% in all sections, I'm simply not that consistent yet. Seeing how close I was getting to that may help me learn.

Keep up the great work. Harry's lap timer is awesome!
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: HPDE training mode

Post by bulls23 »

Doesn't really change the fact that you are timing only because the lap time isn't shown in minutes and seconds ;)
I guess it's like at the Nordschleife during the Touristenfahrten: timing and video recording isn't allowed there too. Usually I have the iPhone already attached but with the screen locked when I pass the gate. I was asked only once and told them it was my turned off sat nav...once on the track I simply unlock the screen and I'm ready to go :mrgreen:

Take a look at "Lap-List" choose a lap and go into "Lap Details" there you will find "Virtual Best" I guess that's what you were looking for...