Learning mode?

Request and discussion on new / to change features
expatbrit
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Learning mode?

Post by expatbrit »

It'd be pretty incredible if you could set the system up in a learning mode; ride around a track, 'learn' it, and then go back and add in POI and triggers. While setting it up off-site on the maps is good, it's hard to tell how accurate that is.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Learning mode?

Post by bulls23 »

But what about the accuracy of the GPS while learning it? As far as I can tell that might be much worse than some maps drift. I've done some requested track sets at the other side of the world I couldn't test myself and they always ended up working just fine. The width and direction of the triggers leaves quite some space for a little inaccuracy.
expatbrit
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by expatbrit »

bulls23 wrote:But what about the accuracy of the GPS while learning it? As far as I can tell that might be much worse than some maps drift. I've done some requested track sets at the other side of the world I couldn't test myself and they always ended up working just fine. The width and direction of the triggers leaves quite some space for a little inaccuracy.
That's true. I hadn't thought of that; I guess I'm so used to high GPS accuracy that I trust it more than I should.

It'd could definitely be used to get a starting point for a track, or for people who just wanted to get a 'quick and dirty' picture, however, no?
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

You can sort of do that in map mode. When you're in map mode, you get fix dots as you move around. So if you started map mode, then drove around the track, you would have a series of fix dots mapping the course. If you use satellite view, you should see the track. You can create POI's in map mode. If I remember correctly, the POI location when you touch the plus sign in the upper right hand corner is defined by the center of the map. But you can drag the map around or drag the new POI around to put it in the right place. You may even be able to edit the POI through the map screen to make it a trigger or whatever.