OBD II info

Request and discussion on new / to change features
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

OBD II info

Post by doborder »

Harry,

Would it be possible to obtain boost info for the OBDII. I currently have turbo charged car and that would be great to obtain that info.
Also, if it possible to select what is displayed on the video overlay... IE replace gear position with boost....or water temp...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD II info

Post by Harry »

To add boost level, I need the PID it is delivered by. In case you can find it out, I can add it.
On the OBD topic: I have no plans to make the overlay customizable. Reason is I want to keep a certain level of simplicity in LapTimer (I know, far beyond already). There are reasonable specialized products out there to do all kinds of overlay (liek e. g. DashWare), please consider these if you require this functionality.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SebastopolGTI
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SebastopolGTI »

Hi Harry,
I'm no OBDII expert by any means, but wouldn't it be possible to capture boost/vacuum as the difference between the MAP reading (PID 0x0B) and barometric pressure (PID 0x33) (or just subtract 101 from PID 0x0B if 0x33 is not available).

Us Yanks would want it converted from KPa to PSI though.

Just a thought.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks, will check this for the next version.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
KrisS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KrisS »

What about Bar unit ?
Gernby
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Gernby »

This might deserve its own thread, but I'd really like to be able to select which PID's are logged. I don't care about them being on the video, but I'd like to be able to have the data. It would also be great if we could datalog the iMFD data from PLX devices. I blew a motor last year on a track, presumably because my oil pump sucked some air, so I bought a PLX oil pressure gauge and a PLX Kiwi Wifi w/ iMFD. Unfortunately, I have to choose between running one iPhone app to datalog oil pressure OR run HLT...