muzizzle
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Selection of audio channel

Post by muzizzle »

As an example

Master, iphone internally on windscreen, aimed at driver
Slave, GoPro on roof

When overlaying, GoPro as master, with iphone internal shot as pip.

However, the ability to select the audio from the pip source rather than the master would be fantastic, mainly as the go pro is just whooshing wind
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Selection of audio channel

Post by NRGDEAD »

I'd second that.

Also, though I haven't tested it for sure, but I think HLT combines all the audio sources at the moment? If not, having this as an option would also be great.
For example, in the Video I posted yesterday, the front facing iPhone's mic was pointed to the driver's side, and in the raw video, one can hear me talking, but hardly understand my co-pilot. However, his iPhone was filming us, and the mic was pointed at the passenger side, so he would be more audible when talking.

Coming to think about it, how about selecting for each raw video to be heard only in the left, only the right or both channels - or not at all, for the roof scenario mentioned above?
This could be used for producing neat stereo sound, in comparison to a stereo mic that has both ears in nearly the same space.
Now you're cookin'!
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Selecting Audio source would be nice indeed...but about the mixing part of different channels and sources...that's gonna be pretty difficult I guess and if the different audio sources aren't perfectly synced, you will hear it and that could get nasty.
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Indeed, while it was doing a pretty good job, I noticed that atleast one of my Multicams was slightly out of sync to another - just a few frames, I think. Even though I am a bit of a perfectionist, I was to lazy to even try and correct it. ;-)

Also, I had the impression that HLT mixes audio of all videos already, and I did not notice any audio issues.
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

LapTimer uses the master video's audio channel only, all others are ignored when overlaying.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image