Digital dash, Shift Light, OBDII sensor monitoring/alarm

Request and discussion on new / to change features
TXBDan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Digital dash, Shift Light, OBDII sensor monitoring/alarm

Post by TXBDan »

Hello Harry,

Thanks a lot for the great app. I have a couple features that i think would be handy. It's possible that this is already possible and i don't know how to do it, but if not they might make a good feature someday.

First, these would require background video recording which you already said is in the works. Great!

Next, how about a view that had a sequential shift light across the top? I'm not sure if the response time is fast enough, but if so that could be handy along with audible alarms/alerts. F1 for example uses audio shift indicators now instead of lights.

Along the same vane, how about a way to set alarms for data such as oil temp or water temp? You can set a threshold and if it gets to high the phone could beep and flash a message, etc.

Ultimately, a digital dashboard screen would be handy. Particular on an iPad. You could show the track map with where you are on it video game style, have your oil/water temp w/ alarms, etc.

Here are some example of ipad/iphone digital dashboards used in the iRacing video game. Same idea.
http://www.iracedash.com/
http://www.mightygate.com/en/hud-for-iracing/

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Digital dash, Shift Light, OBDII sensor monitoring/alarm

Post by Harry »

Background video recording is planned for v18, correct.
For the shift light you may try the Speedo view. It give you a very large colored display of current rpm plus a shift flash (like all other timer views). Audio warnings are a difficult topic as most drivers have no connection to the car's audio system (race cars do not have something like this at all). As the iPhone itself is not loud enough in noisy environments, I have not prioritized this topic too much.
Oil and water temperatures have received warning colors in v17 - not configurable but preset with a car manufacturer's recommendations.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bonker_bic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Bonker_bic »

Hi Harry,

I am now running version V21.0.7 and I cannot find the Speedo view you are talking about. I wonder if this information is not now embedded in another view (rpm. power, air-H2O-cat temperature) which is too small to be of any help while driving.

Actually, it would be very handy if one of the views could have a large flashing RPM color shift bar. Enclosed is a draft display.

Thank you for your help !
Attachments
Dash.jpg
Dash.jpg (130.7 KiB) Viewed 1895 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Speedo View is available from LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Speedo.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image