Autocross-friendly feature request

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Matz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Autocross-friendly feature request

Post by Matz »

Hi Harry,

My previous autocross tool of choice was MQGPS from MaxQData. The one feature it has that is really nice is that it doesn't require one to make markers ahead of time on the course. You literally just drive and it then plots your line. There is some ambiguity as to start and finish line positions, unless you mark them, but that is okay with me. What I'd love to see LapTimer Pro do is have a mode where it's recording position data in a ring buffer, and only start timing once it detects that you're moving quickly. In the MQGPS case, its trigger point is when the car goes over 25MPH. When it detects this condition, it then looks backward in time for the first linear acceleration point before hitting 25MPH -- this is assumed to be the start. It then stops when you hit 0MPH, which is usually when you stop to get your time slip from the worker.

Is something like this possible to get in a future version of the app?

Thanks,
Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autocross-friendly feature request

Post by Harry »

Thanks Dave for providing this. I'll start with a new trigger type 'standing start' in the next release. What the MQGPS did, does effectively not produce exact numbers, right? I'd need to think about how to not mix this mechanism up with the rest of the app as it most probably would confuse other users. Its in my head now, let me think.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johnnywoz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Autocross-friendly feature request

Post by johnnywoz »

I second this feature!!!

I have recently gotten into Auto-X and have been looking for an inexpensive data logger. Most of the ones available are big $$$ and I am just a weekend warior on a limited budget. I am so glad I found this app, Harry's Laptimer Pro :D It is perfect for my needs and is easy on my wallet. I plan on getting the PLX KiWi for the added data.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Johnnywoz - Atomic Orange Z06 #65
HLT-GP, iPhone5, X150, BT1, GPHero3