Support for PLX iMFD sensor modules

Request and discussion on new / to change features
pvainola
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Support for PLX iMFD sensor modules

Post by pvainola »

Very interested in this feature. Actually I have the same situation as op. My car is supercharged and I have plx kiwi additional sensors. I would love to keep an eye on AFR and oil temp. Don't really care about refresh rates. ODB in 350z is so slow anyway, but those temp readings don't change so rapidly that it would matter. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have never checked the iMFD interface, but isn't oil temperature mapped to the OBD PID anyway (and getting support by LapTimer already) by attaching it?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
pvainola
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pvainola »

Last time I checked it only supported oil temps of cars that had a stock oil temp sensor and the oil temp pid. I think that the oil temp pid for plx imdf is different. I can't check this now because my track car is stored away for winter.
ssna20
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ssna20 »

I need to monitor a Oil Pressure and temp through the PLX iMFD at the track. As I understand it they will not affect the refresh on the OBDII as it is a request to seperate hardware in the iMFD. If fact if I transfer coolant to the spare iMFD port I have that will be one less OBD request and it would speed the OBD data. I need to spot in pressure drops in high G corners.

It would be so much easier for the laptimer to also read the iMFD values and keeping them in the data record.

Any chance the PLX interface could be used by Harry's Laptimer.
ssna20
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ssna20 »

Oil temp is a PID but it's not supported in my car or some others. More importantly other performance values aren't supported by OBD as it is designed for the environmental chackes. Critically Oil Pressure is missing along with brake, steering angle etc.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have not worked with the iMFD interface. In case someone can clarify on how to request data (custom PIDs I assume), I can add something in an upcoming version. Please understand I'm completely loaded with all kinds of activities and have problems looking into each sensor individually.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image