GPS triangulation?!

Request and discussion on new / to change features
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

GPS triangulation?!

Post by johmei »

Hi,

Now with v17 we will get multiple video possibilities by adding multiple iPhones as cameras using Bluetooth. Wouldn't it be possible to "triangulate" the GPS signals from the multiple devices somehow to get a much better GPS accuracy.

Thanks for great apps Harry!

//Johan
BMW 335i E92 - iPhone 6 paired with Dual XGPS150A as HLT master, Optrix XD5 cased iPhone 5 and Optrix HD cased iPhone 4 as multicams.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS triangulation?!

Post by Harry »

Yes, there are algorithms around to improve accuracy by merging several GPS sources. I will check that once I start redesign LapTimer's sensoric module . which is planned for v18 or v19.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

I've seen that you have tried merging internal with external GPS's, but you were also thinking about using multiple iPhones? (I have a few Idevices and if I do not have to have external GPS as well that would be preferable for me. Both in terms of cost and

I guess you have enough work getting v.17 approved by Apple right now, though. =)

//Johan
BMW 335i E92 - iPhone 6 paired with Dual XGPS150A as HLT master, Optrix XD5 cased iPhone 5 and Optrix HD cased iPhone 4 as multicams.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, I'm sitting and waiting (and programming Android). :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

WAITING?! You should.. .. .. no, wait you deserve a long holiday when v.17 is out. =)

Those Android people can wait, iDevices deserves the perfect app first! (this does not exist but do not tell Harry!)