Megasquirt ECU integratation

Request and discussion on new / to change features
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Megasquirt ECU integratation

Post by MX5RACER »

There is an app in iTunes that will allow you to connect your i-device via blue-tooth to a Megasquirt. Are there any plans to get this type of feature in Harry's?

Great product, by the way. I have been amazing people at my local tracks for over year now. Recently started to export the data into Exel and graph things between multiple drivers to see where time is lost and gained. Works extremely well. I run with a track day group and I got the event organizers hooked on Harry's. They also have an iPad with the app loaded on it. I showed them how to use the online feature and get realtime (Sort of) lap times and positions on the iPad while their driver's and others were running.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Megasquirt ECU integratation

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the feedback!

MS looks interesting but seems to narrow the group of potential users a lot (please keep in mind - even LapTimer is no mainstream app). I will keep this on my list but need strong triggers to get it prioritized against all other requests. Thanks for your understanding.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MX5RACER »

Any chance this is on the radar?

There are a bunch of Track Data display devices already integrating this data. The newer versions of Megasquirt ECU's (MS2, Microsquirt, MS3, DIYPNP etc.) can communicate thru CANBus using a Serial/Wifi adapter. I would be really happy to help you in any way possible. I know one of the guys who works with DIYAutotune developing some of the Megasquirt products. I can ask him any specific questions you may need answered.

Here is some information about Megasquirt communications:
http://mobisquirt.org/user-manual/conne ... egasquirt/

http://www.megamanual.com/com/CAN.htm
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The connection is not the issue, LapTimer has everything to connect to wifi sensors built in already. The challenge is the effort one needs to spend to add a parser for the MS output. Availability of a test device can probably be solved by using their test server (although it doesn't work currently). I do not see I can add this any time soon but will need someone to volunteer on the parser some time. I plan to add a sensor plug in framework - which allows third parties to add arbitrary sensors like the MS - but that is not yet available. I will post on the Announcements forum once I can provide the framework for development and testing.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MX5RACER »

Thank you for your responce. I will do what ever I can to help.
arsprod
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by arsprod »

Any new developments on megasquirt connection? I just installed one and hate to lose all the cool Harry's data I used to get from odb
rmeroda
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rmeroda »

I was hoping this would be possible one day. My track car is is obd1 and this feature would motivate me to get a MS just so I can get the additional data.
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MX5RACER »

If there is anything I can do on the Megasquirt side to help this along, please let me know.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

MX5RACER wrote:If there is anything I can do on the Megasquirt side to help this along, please let me know.
Once Harry releases his "API" you could write a plugin ;-)
Nevtiger
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Nevtiger »

I use MS on all my cars so this would be a good thing for me :-)