Megasquirt ECU integratation

Request and discussion on new / to change features
eeklaca
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Megasquirt ECU integratation

Post by eeklaca »

Hello, I'm Laszlo from Hungary. Me and my friends use old fords for track days, all our cars have MS2/Extra. I interested for laptimer app. If it help, I can send a working MS2 CPU with a stimulator and CAN circuit to Harry for testing (for free of course), maybe it will help to implement this feature to the app.

Sorry for my poor English.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the offer. Actually I have 4 more sensor integration exercises scheduled for this Autumn. To add MS support on top of this, I need to recheck feasibility and indeed get my hands on some testing environment. I'll let you know once I have made up my mind and send you a PM then. Thanks again!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MX5RACER »

Someone has produced a box that translates Megasquirt data into standard CAN BUS language and adds an OBD2 port. This SHOULD allow for any OBD2 dongle to work with Megasquirt.

If I can get my hands on both the CAN BUS box and a OBD 2 dongle, I will test this with Harry's and report back here.

http://www.miataturbo.net/ms-labs-miata ... cus-79429/
dydy77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dydy77 »

I use an MS2 ;)

I hope that this option will be available one day <3
Rev555
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Rev555 »

I have the MSLabs CANBUS Module with the MS3 Basic. The module is awesome as I have a tablet with USB OTG connected to USB on MS3 as my dashboard, and I can get overlay in Harry's with the ODB2 output all simultaneously :D
rmeroda
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rmeroda »

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but for future reference someone developed a OBD-II mobile for megasquirt that will accept standard Bluetooth or WiFi dongles. Looks like their are DYI options but this looks easiest to me.
Original thread: http://www.miataturbo.net/ms-labs-miata ... cus-79429/

Sold at: http://www.trackspeedengineering.com/En ... odule.html
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

The next firmware update to the RaceCapture products is supposed to allow direct access to the CAN bus without the need for scripting. They have a video demonstrating how it will be done and it looks like they will have a Megasquirt preset as well as one for a BMW E46. That's something of a moot point for those of us with iOS devices as HLT still can't talk directly to a RaceCapture or RaceCapture Pro.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For those interested in a Megasquirt integration, please visit our Developer Program for a sensor integration to LapTimer.
Starting with v21.2, everything should be in place to implement such a thing.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
TonyEvo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by TonyEvo »

Hello, some information. What stage is the integration with Megasquirt at? is there native support or is it always via devices such as race capture (and similar)?